Monday, February 14, 2011

Everytime someone posts about being alone on Valentine's day, an angel smacks his own forehead in shame.

I will say this as calmly as I possibly can...

There is NOTHING wrong with being single on Valentine's day!

I understand that Valentine's day is special when you do have someone and I would never try to take that away from anyone. But this wallowing in your loneliness is almost unbearable. And people are choosing to be PUBLIC about it!!! The fact that this only happens on Valentine's day, only speaks to the fact that people want a Valentine, not a relationship. They want chocolate not commitment.

I want chocolate too, but I can wait until the 15th. When it's all marked down.

For those of you who have a Valentine, congratulations. I'm sure you are very blessed to have them, just make sure that you tell them how much you love them tomorrow too.

For those of you who don't have Valentines, man up. You'll get your day soon. That day that once seemed simple enough is now a day with the obligation to show everyone else around you that you love someone. Which is the whole point of love anyway right? To talk about it on Facebook?

No comments:

Post a Comment